Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009


Message From the Chair Emeritus—Richard Johanson
Thanks to all who accepted my invitation to share their “Thoughts of Thanksgiving” with us. This has been a difficult year and I believe it is critical that we don’t let the negatives overwhelm our blessings. Here are a few responses, some of which I have abbreviated. I am hopeful that you will add your own.


“We are thankful for the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man--nature, music, great books and the opportunity to serve others.”
Lee Ayres

“Family and good friends. The “things” in my life pale in comparison to the people I care about. People are eternal and everything else is not.”
Kurt Madden

“I am thankful that we live in a place that allows us the opportunity to think, learn, create and contribute.”
Alice Saviez

“The Marjorie Mason Center is grateful for the incredible numbers of compassionate, generous and energetic individuals who make this such a wonderful place to live, work and thrive.” Pam Kallsen

“For me it can be the little things, looking at the sun shining through the three leaves or our fourth grandson’s birth.”
Kathy Bray

“I am thankful for life, love of family and friends, health and well-being and that we live under the protection of a free and peaceful nation each day.”
Kay Garabedian

“I am thankful for learning so much from God – relationships, caring, intimacy, and connectedness.”
Doug Davidian

“I am thankful to have an opportunity to make a difference, work with extraordinary people, and for my wonderful daughter, Noelle.
Deb Nankivell

No comments:

Post a Comment